Sunday, August 26, 2012

Prayer Requests

I don't have an update for everyone yet (probably this week will hold many updates!) but I do want to ask for some prayers for the following intentions:

1. That Daniel continues to do well! He is such a smiling happy baby and is "verbalizing" (baby noises in response to us talking to him) so well, which is such a good sign. We are specifically asking for prayers for his continued success with baby milestones as well as that the final hole in his heart closes!

2. That Lily do well with the very quick transition from slow-paced summer days to the busyness of 3 days of school and a ballet class each week, not counting the normal visits with family and playdates! It will be a lot for her to take in.

3. This last request will require some explanation. As I encounter more people who have children with Down syndrome and hear their stories, I have realized (yet again, as they are continually awesome) how blessed we are in our family and friends. I have heard countless stories of mothers and babies being abandoned by the husband and father when faced with a diagnosis of Down syndrome. I have also heard stories of extended family members ignoring or outright verbally abusing children with Down syndrome, or telling the parents they should have aborted their child. I can honestly say that none of these scenarios even crossed my mind when we got Daniel's diagnosis in the hospital, and our family and friends have truly lived up to my high expectations and have accepted and loved Daniel with their whole hearts. So I ask you to pray for those who are not as lucky as we are. This issue has been heavy on my heart the last few days!

Thank you! Hope to have another update soon! And if you'd like for us to pray for your intentions as well, don't hesitate to email me!

Baby Daniel says, "Thank you for being awesome!"

No comments:

Post a Comment