Wednesday, October 24, 2012

So what is that Doula thing you're doing?

If you didn't know, I attended a four-day DONA workshop over this past weekend as part of my training and requirements to become a certified birth doula. It was amazing. Being in a room for four days surrounded by such a diverse, inspiring group of women is something I will never forget. Every single woman in the room in some way or another humbled me by their knowledge or their spirit or their kindness. We had so much to learn from one another and we were all so hungry for more information. We shared a passion for one thing: supporting and serving mothers and fathers in their quest to have the birth experience that they desire. I will hold this experience in my heart for a long time, and I am still running on a high!

Please watch the following video to find out more about what a doula does (and doesn't) do!



My very first client is due soon, so I'm diving in head first! I am very excited to transition to this new career and way of life, and so thankful for the support of my family and friends as I follow my dreams.

:-)

"There is a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.”        -Laura Stavoe Harm

No comments:

Post a Comment