Monday, October 1, 2012

31 for 21, Day 1

October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month. There is a "blog challenge" out there in the blogosphere to challenge people who blog about Ds to blog every day of the month of October in order to raise awareness. I've decided to attempt to participate! I can't promise that every entry will be long...because I don't have a lot of time to devote to it! But I will be sure to blog about the following:
  • I decided to move Daniel's birth story to the 10th of October, when he will be exactly 4 months old.
  • I will be moving his diagnosis story to the 21rst (in honor of his extra 21rst chromosome).
  • I will be blogging about the Buddy Walk within the next few days.
Everything else...we shall see! I will surprise myself, and everyone else as well I guess! For today, I've decided to share this video of Daniel "talking." I think we took this early last week. So he was about 3.5 months in this video. Enjoy!


(Please excuse the bare mattress...Lily had just spilled a bottle of baby massage oil all over the bed and it soaked down into everything including the mattress pad, so it all needed to be washed. At least it's a clean mattress. We must have standards, after all.)


And one other "random fact" about Daniel that would only make sense to share today: If Daniel had been a girl, he would have been named Margaret Therese. Margaret after my Nana (her name is Marguerite) and Therese after one of my favorite Saints, St. Therese of Lisieux. Her feast day is today. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the birth of your son Daniel! Welcome to the Ds community and the 31 for 21 challenge. We went to our first Buddy Walk when Kayla was just shy of 3 months old.
    What a cute video...makes me miss Kayla at that age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so excited to participate. :-) Our first Buddy Walk was this past Saturday.

      Delete